Love to brew coffee at home? Looking for a programmable coffee machine that’s versatile, affordable, and an excellent value for money?
Hamilton Beach FlexBrew is a flexible combination of features that’ll give you an incomparable brewing experience. this 2-way coffee brewer is efficient, straightforward to use, and powerful.
After detailed research, I share my Hamilton Beach FlexBrew review with you.
Is it really worth the cost? Find out as I talk about its pros and cons…
Back in the day, I used to brew my coffee almost daily with Hamilton Beach Flexbrew 2 way coffee maker.
While those days are long gone, I’m still convinced that brewing coffee at home is important; even if you’re on a tight budget and can only spare a max of $50 for a coffeemaker.
- Hamilton Beach FlexBrew 49976 Review
- Advantages And Disadvantages
- Technical Specs
- About the Hamilton Beach Company
- Where can I buy Hamilton Beach?
- FAQ on Hamilton 49976
- The Verdict: Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Review
- Recommended Reading
Hamilton Beach FlexBrew 49976 Review
49976 Hamilton Beach coffee maker packs awesome features which you can find below.
In short, if you’re looking for an efficient, versatile, and easy-to-use coffee machine, this FlexBrew system by Hamilton is remarkable.
Most important features
Without a doubt, this model packs some surprising features that easily make it a well-performing coffee maker.
1. Single-Serve and 12-Cup Carafe
Hamilton 49976 brewer is a 2-in-1 coffee maker. That means it comes with 2 separate water reservoirs:
- Single-serve: compatible with almost all K-Cups, the single-serve side will let you pop in a pod with your favorite cup of ground coffee. Switching from pod to ground coffee is easy; simply remove the rack part. Also, feel free to brew coffee straight into your 14oz. travel mug.
- 12-cup carafe: made of glass, this carafe has a sturdy handle that will easily handle the weight of that much coffee. It allows easy access to pour and refill since the lid flips upwards. What’s more, the carafe stays warm for two hours before turning off, keeping your coffee warm.
While you can’t brew both of these at the same time (which is not uncommon for coffee machines for this price tag), Keurig fans will surely love the idea that Flexbrew is compatible with K-cups and ground coffee.
2. Two brew strength options
12-cup size Hamilton 2-in-1 has two options when it comes to brewing strengths: a regular and bold type. All you have to do is choose your preference.
3. A Handy Programmable Timer
If you love to wake up to the scent of freshly brewed coffee, this machine has got you covered.
With an automated digital timer, you can set the brew time up to 24 hours in advance. Just remember, this timer only works for the carafe side.
But the single-serve side brews coffee much faster, so you can easily set it right after you wake up and still leave the house with freshly brewed coffee in your travel mug.
4. Auto Pause And Serve
Sometimes you just want that first cup of coffee before the brewing process is done.
Hamilton is here for you with its Pause-N-Serve feature. Simply pause the process, pour yourself fresh coffee, and replace the carafe.
5. Auto Shut Off
This coffee machine comes with an auto shut-off, which is very handy.
6. Easy to use
This coffee machine is easy to use and clean. The button controls are located on the left side of the unit. Next to these controls, you can find an illuminated display for the brewing status.
Advantages And Disadvantages
- Dual coffee maker: single-serve and carafe
- Compatible with K-cups and ground coffee
- Programmable and flexible
- Pause N Serve and Auto-Shutoff are convenient features
- Two water reservoirs with windows to see a level
- Keeps coffee warm for 2 hours
- The digital display is easy to read and use
- One-year warranty
- Easy to use and clean
This model weighs 6.73 lbs. Its dimensions are 11.4 x 12.2 x 13.7 inches. You need an additional 8 to 10” above the coffee maker to pour water and change the filters.
You can download the user manual here, the user guide here, and the application guide here. When it comes to Hamilton warranty, you can download a pdf file from Amazon here, or have a look at it at their official website. Make sure to double-check the instructions and the parts list before you begin using the brewer. If you need a replacement part for your brewer, you can search through the Hamilton Beach Parts section.
The materials used are BPA-free plastic and stainless steel.
About the Hamilton Beach Company
Hamilton Beach company is one of the leading distributors of kitchen appliances. You can find their products in households all the way from Canada, over the USA, and Mexico. They claim to provide only the best and high-quality products to their users.
The history of the brand goes all the way to the beginning of the 20th century, but you can read more about that on their website. The products range from coffee makers to toasters, slow cookers, air purifiers, blenders, mixers, and more.
Where can I buy Hamilton Beach?
There are many online and offline places where you can get your own Hamilton Beach coffee maker: Walmart, Target, and other retailers. Hamilton company also sells its products in its own online shop. In my opinion, the best place to get 49976 Hamilton Beach is on Amazon since it also comes with free Amazon tech support once you purchase it.
FAQ on Hamilton 49976
What is Flex Brew?
It is a product line of Hamilton Beach coffee makers. The company claims these coffeemakers stand out because of their maximum brewing flexibility: you can use K-cups or ground coffee when preparing a fresh brew. What’s more, you can also choose between brewing the coffee in a carafe or as a single-serve option.
Hamilton beach k-cup error
You can easily fix the common problem with Hamilton with the help of the video below for the single-serve error.
How to clean a Hamilton Beach FlexBrew 2 way coffee maker?
By following the steps below, you can thoroughly clean your 2-way coffee maker easily. This process is the same for the carafe and the single-serve side:
- Mix 1/2 cup white vinegar and 1/2 cup cold water
- Select the carafe/single brew side on the brewer and pour the mix into the water reservoir
- Press the ON button and wait for 30 seconds
- Press the OFF button and let the coffeemaker sit for 30 minutes
- Press the ON button to complete the vinegar-water cleaning cycle
- Run a few more cycles with clean water (but leave the machine cool down between cycles)
For more information, make sure to check Hamilton 49976 manual (a pdf link).
The Verdict: Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Review
Hamilton Beach Flexbrew 2-way Coffee Maker is one of the most versatile coffee makers on the market.
What I love about it (any thousands of other users) is that it’s a dual coffee machine. That means it brews single-serve coffee (K-Cup compatible) and a 12-cup carafe. It’s flexible and straightforward to use – whether you’re brewing a single cup or a full pot.
Many people said that this is a cheaper option than the pricier K-cup machines. I’ll let you be the judge of that. All I have to say is that I’m a fan of this coffee machine since it’s sturdy, dependable, and a great value for money. It’ll produce delicious coffee anytime you need it; first thing in the morning or a quick pick-me-up in the afternoon.
- 9 Best Ground Coffee Brands Reviews: Top Picks You Can’t Ignore!
- Best Alcoholic Coffee Drinks: 15 Hot & Cold Recipes To Try This Weekend
- 10 Mouthwatering Iced Coffee Recipes To Try This Summer
- What Is Single-Origin Coffee? Don’t Miss Out On Unique Coffee Beans
- Best Flavored Coffee Beans: A Tasty Sugar-Free Treat
- 6 Best Decaf Coffee Beans – Top Brands You Can’t Overlook!