You’ve probably already seen a Keurig 2.0 coffee pot working. And you probably thought, “WHAT AN AMAZING APPLIANCE!”
It’s not crazy to think that.
The Keurig 2.0 series prepares your coffee in a faster, quieter, and more practical way than any other coffee-making appliance. And that’s without mentioning how tasty your coffee ends up.
Whether you drink coffee every day or occasionally – a Keurig 2.0 won’t stop leaving you in awe.
Now, there is a wide array of Keurig 2.0 models to pick from. They all offer different advantages and disadvantages – care to learn about them? Take a look below!
What is Keurig 2.0 Coffee Maker?
Want coffee within seconds? Only Keurig offers that experience.
It’s as simple as inserting a coffee pod into the machine, hitting brew, and waiting for the coffee to drip into your cup.
But a Keurig 2.0 goes the extra mile – it can brew a CARAFE!
That is, not a cup of coffee. Not two cups of coffee. And not three cups either.
A carafe lets you brew up to 8 cups of coffee AT ONCE.
And if you consider the quicker and easier operation – a Keurig 2.0 becomes an even better appliance. Keurig 2.0 models (now a discontinued series) are brewers that feature K-Cup pod scanning technology.
Best Keurig 2.0 Models Reviewed
You can brew a whopping 500 varieties of coffee pods. And with the 60-brand compatibility, there’s almost no drawback to getting the K200.
As the Keurig 2.0 best model, the K200 also offers 9 brew sizes (from cup to carafe) and an outstanding 40-ounce reservoir.
There’s enough for hardcore coffee drinkers and anyone else.
Plus, you get a water and charcoal filter – so you’re always drinking only the purest coffee.
Did we mention how easy it is to use? The black-and-white touchscreen makes it a no-brainer.
- Compact design fits anywhere
- Brew sizes for everyone
- Cleans water before using
- Tiny reservoir requires constant refilling
A compact Keurig ready to brew your coffee in an instant – the K250 sets you up for a lifetime of almost instant coffee delivery.
The first thing you’ll notice is the 40-ounce water reservoir so you can brew over 4 cups at once. Alongside its K-cup and K-carafe compatibility, it is easily one of the most practical.
But if there’s something to love, that would be its strength control how strong you want the coffee. It will brew faster or slower accordingly.
Last but not least, it’s a piece of cake to use with its black-and-white display.
- It’s available in 6 different colors
- Small and easy-to-install design
- Fully-equipped feature options
- Runs out of water consistently
Brewing coffee on demand has never been so fun.
The Keurig 2.0 300 lets you store up to 60 ounces of water in the reservoir. That’s enough to brew a lot of coffee throughout the day.
Considering it works well with 500 varieties of coffee pods, is compatible with K-Cup and K-Carafe pods, plus lets you customize the brewing process with the touch of a screen – it easily surpasses expectations.
Don’t forget it also comes with its own carafe so you get double the convenience.
- Gigantic 60-ounce water reservoir
- Clear and easy-to-use touchscreen
- Delivers coffee quickly
- Takes a lot of countertop space
A Keurig 2.0 brewer that serves you an incredible amount of coffee on a single touch of a button – the K350 makes that possible.
Its touch display lets you choose the brewing method in a second. And with the ability to work with pretty much any pod beverage (coffee, tea, specialty, iced, etc.) the Keurig is not to overlook.
As an extra feature to love, you get a 60-ounce water reservoir. Making coffee from morning to night won’t be a problem.
- Lets you control coffee strength
- Compatible with many beverages
- Huge 60-ounce water tank
- Only works with Keurig K-cups
Do you prefer color displays? You can enjoy precisely that with the K475.
This Keurig 2.0 machine is one of the easiest to use. Thanks to its color display with a touchscreen, you won’t have a single issue setting up your desired config – temperature, timer, coffee strength, and more.
If that wasn’t enough, you also get the 70-ounce reservoir. Over 8 cups of coffee is more than enough for an entire day of coffee-drinking enjoyment.
- Color touchscreen is a piece of cake to use
- Boasts a water filter handle
- Fully-customizable interface
- It tends to be loud
Like the biggest digital Keurig 2.0 available. The K575 boasts an 80-ounce reservoir that lets you brew more than 10 cups of coffee in a day.
Every cup of coffee will be a piece of cake to make given the digital display. Colored and intuitive, you get the chance to brew your coffee with maximum personalization every time.
And if you’re looking to go the extra mile, the automatic on/off feature gets you as far as you want.
Its 5 temperature settings, digital clock, and strength control are all exceptional features to have.
- Comes with a gigantic 80-ounce reservoir
- Has tons of automated features
- Easy and safe to use every time
- Brews a bit slowly
Need a carafe to hold the coffee? The Keurig 2.0 also offers a thermal carafe separately – ready to hold as much coffee as you need.
The Keurig 2.0 cup sizes can host up to 4 cups at once. That’s about 32 ounces of liquid capacity so you can enjoy an entire day of coffee drinking without drawback.
The carafe is made of stainless steel for extra durability, as well as a double-walled exterior that maintains the coffee hot for long. This matches well with the plastic handle and lid, making it durable but also easy to use.
To finish, you get a sensor mechanism that interacts with your Keurig 2.0 brewer. It stops automatically without taking much of your time or effort to use.
- Can handle 4 cups of coffee
- Works with any Keurig 2.0 model
- An automated sensor saves you time and effort
- Hard to know when the carafe is properly seated
List of Keurig 2.0 Models Compared
Keurig 2.0 models are a discontinued series. But let’s have a look at how the models compare.
Keurig K200 series
The K200 brewers have the smallest reservoir and come with the most basic features. Unlike other 2.0 models, these don’t have customizable settings, hot water mode, temp control, water tank nightlight, and iced mode.
- K200: comes with a water filter kit
- K250: comes with a water filter kit, K-Cup variety pack, and a descaling solution
Keurig K300 series
This series added some significant upgrades compared to K200 brewers. They come with Temp Control, the ability to set favorites, 60oz water tank (unlike 40oz from K200), customizable clock, and customizable wallpaper. But none of the brewers comes with the K-Carafe; you’d have to purchase it separately.
- K300: Carafe and K-Cup/k-Carafe variety pack
- K350: Carafe and K-Cup/k-Carafe variety pack and water filter starter kit
Keurig K400 series
There are a couple of upgrades of the K300 models here: 70oz. water reservoir and a 2.4” color touch display. Everything else is the same.
- K400: the most basic model
- K425: comes with a carafe
- K450: comes with a carafe and a K-Cup/K-Carafe variety pack
- K475: includes a K-Cup/K-Carafe variety pack and a water filter started kit
Keurig K500 series
K500 series is the most premium of the 2.0 Keurig models. It comes with features that are quite nice to have: 80oz. water tank, 2.8” color touch display, Hot water mode, Iced mode, and water tank nightlight.
- K500: carafe and a K-Cup/K-Carafe variety pack
- K525: comes with a Keurig 2.0 My K-Cup
- K545: comes with a Keurig 2.0 My K-Cup
- K550: comes with carafe, K-Cup/K-Carafe variety pack, and a water filter starter kit
- K560: comes with a K-Cup/K-Carafe variety pack and a water filter starter kit
- K575: comes with K-Cup/K-Carafe variety pack and a water filter starter kit
Keurig 2.0 Features
Once you’ve gone through all our favorite Keurig 2.0 models, let’s tell you what makes this coffee-making machine a must-have:
- Supports single-cup or carafe-size brewing processes
- Allows you to adjust the brewing size (more than 10 options)
- Boasts large water containers for friction-free brewing
- Let you fiddle with the coffee strength (according to what you like)
- Offers a touchscreen for checking and adjusting
- An ON/OFF switch make it easy to use
- Works well with hundreds of coffee pods and brands
- It’s generally easy to clean and maintain
- Comes in different languages and interfaces
- The appliance itself tends to be stylish and fit any kitchen style
If you’re looking to take your coffee-making experience to the next level, a few things will help you like a Keurig 2.0. The features above are part of why.
Keurig 2.0 Coffee Size Options
There are many Keurig 2.0 models with various coffee-size options to enjoy. Depending on what you get, you may have the chance to drink several cups of coffee a day or just a couple. Here are some options to consider:
This is a single-cup Keurig. It is the smallest of all Keurig 2.0 so you’re getting better kitchen organization. Get this one if you don’t drink more than two coffee cups a day.
Could be two or three cups, depending on your cup size. Either way, it’s also ideal for small kitchens and people who don’t drink much coffee but still need speed and quality.
This is the most common type of Keurig 2.0. It offers up to six cups of coffee per day (typically less if they are large cups). We recommend this for most people, especially those who drink a lot of coffee.
These are gigantic Keurig 2.0 models, capable of filling one or two carafes. They are less common but still worth a try if you drink no less than five cups of coffee a day.
Pros of Keurig 2.0 Coffee Maker
- Super-easy operation – a touchscreen makes it a no-brainer to control
- Multifunctional – you can make coffee, tea, and other hot beverages (even iced ones)
- Compatibility with pods – you can brew pretty much any type of coffee from any brand effortlessly
- Tons of features – you can automate the coffee-making process, adjust the coffee strength, and more
- Multiple brewing sizes – whether it is a single cup or a large carafe, you can adjust the appliance on demand
- Large reservoirs – refilling the water tank consistently is not necessary as you’ll have enough
- Mess-free experience – get rid of coffee dripping all around the base with the accuracy and cleanliness of a Keurig
- Easy to clean and maintain – don’t waste any time washing pieces when you can do it all in seconds with a Keurig
Cons of Keurig 2.0 Coffee Machine
- May not be compatible with accessories from previous Keurig versions
- Demands consistent cleaning and maintenance to keep it working
- Requires compatible pods or it won’t work
How does a Keurig 2.0 Coffee Maker Work?
If someone asks you how to work a Keurig 2.0, you simply tell them that a needle punctures the pod from the top and the bottom. Water goes through, taking away the coffee. It then drops into the cup or carafe accordingly.
Of course, this also depends on how much strength and what type of beverage you’re using. But generally, the process goes this simply.
Bottom Line: Which Keurig 2.0 is Right for Me?
A Keurig 2.0 coffee pot will change how you make coffee from pods – there’s no doubt about that.
But you should be well aware that every model offers its own pros and cons. What’s more, the entire 2.0 series is being discontinued.
If you insist on getting 2.0 models, then Keurig 2.0 Brewer K200 should be your best choice.
It is affordable, easy-to-use, and gets the job done completely.
But if you’re going for the next in the roster, nothing matches the Keurig K575 Coffee Maker – the largest on the list.
Every other model is also worth a try. Plus, remember to always take an extra carafe home – you’ll never regret that!
If you prefer an alternative to 2.0 models, then Keurig K-Duo is an excellent replacement for 2.0 brewers. It comes with both single-serve k-Cup coffee and a 12-Cup Drip Coffee Brew System. The carafe holds up to 60oz. the main difference from 2.0 models is that Duo doesn’t have large cup brew sizes (14-18oz).
- 3 Best Ninja Coffee Maker 2022: A Detailed Comparison
- 9 Best Low-Acid Coffee Beans For Sensitive Stomachs In 2022
- 9 Best Ground Coffee Brands Reviews: Top Picks You Can’t Ignore!
- 10 Best Healthy Coffee Creamers To Add To Your Coffee Today
- 8 Best Flavored Coffee Beans: A Healthy & Tasty Sugar-Free Boost
- Best Handheld Milk Frother Top 5 Picks to Froth Like A Barista